Hopefully you enjoyed Episodes 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 of Netflix N Stretch Encore's stretching programme designed to combat modern lifestyle with long periods of time spent sitting down and bad posture habits.
Remember, people often think 'localised stretching' (stretching directly at the site of tightness or discomfort) is the answer. However, this is not always the case, and everything is connected!
These Netflix N Stretch 'Episodes' each feature upper body and lower body pairings, designed to compliment each other.
And, these stretches will help correct any niggles that may be referred from other parts of the body and the other relaxation and fitness benefits are endless!
Reminder: How it works
Each 'episode' features a pair of stretches; with a photo and some basic instructions for each stretch.
You choose two episodes each day and perform the stretches for the prescribed number of times.
- Do one sheet with two exercises, then move on to your second.
- Try to pick a different combo each day.
You can combine the different sheets any way you like.
The stretches in Episodes 5 & 6 are detailed below or available as a printable pdfs here:
TIME: 120 SECONDS x2
- Sit with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, arms behind you for support.
- Bring your right ankle over your left knee, keeping the foot flex.
- Walk your left foot closer to your hip to increase the stretch.
TIME: 90 SECONDS S/E x2
- Begin on all fours and place one hand on the back of your head.
- Keeping your core braced and with minimal movement in the lower back, rotate your upper back downwards and bring the elbow of your elevated arm down towards the elbow of your bracing arm.
- Slowly reverse the movement and rotate your upper back and arm upwards so that your elbow now points towards the ceiling (or as far as you can comfortably get without rounding or hyperextending the lower back).
Any questions on stretching, general fitness or if you're interested in joining Encore as a member please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Encore approach to non-stop progress
At Encore, you will find a results-focused fitness environment, designed to constantly move you towards your personal goals.
Our unique blend of intelligently intense small-group sessions, evidence-based exercises and ever-changing programmes trains you as an elite athlete, keeping workouts challenging and exciting.
Our strength and conditioning training programme includes classes that focus on lifting weights, in a closely monitored environment, while other build aerobic capacity.
The Encore team also provides nutritional guidance, sharing a range of information sources and expert advice to complement your fitness programme, and help you reach your goals.
Join us and get fitter, leaner and stronger.